Bell - Download speed drops

My 1 Gb download speed regularly drops to 550 Mb and appears to be capped there until I restart my modem. It remains stable for a few days, but eventually returns to the 550 Mb limit. Restarting the modem restores the subscribed download speed. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

It’s unfortunate that Bell has yet to address this persistent issue. Many Bell clients likely encounter similar problems with segments of the infrastructure, but may not possess the technical knowledge to identify the root cause. I personally experienced the same issue, enduring months of frustration while engaging with Bell customer service. Initially, first-level support attributed the problem to an excessive number of devices on my network, despite my insistence to the contrary.

Numerous attempts were made to rectify the situation, including signal clean-ups and modem replacements, all to no avail. Curiously, every time I rebooted my modem, the speed would return to normal temporarily, only to regress to a slower pace after a couple of days. It felt as though I had been downgraded to a lower-tier package without consent.

Fortunately, connecting with individuals on forums like Bell Canada Direct forum | DSLReports, ISP Information proved invaluable. Through discussions with a Bell engineer, I learned that a comprehensive infrastructure modernization could permanently resolve this issue. In the interim, the engineer manually configured client profiles to prevent them from being overridden by the flawed system responsible for downgrading internet speed packages.